15 November 2006

a normal day, but an abnormal wife

Today is Cami's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, since I've been told that that's not polite. I will say that for the next four glorious months, I refer to her as the "old lady." She was way ahead of her time bagging a younger guy. As is the case when you have a birthday as an adult, it was just a normal day with all the regular routines.


But, this day is the day that reminds me that I have an abnormal wife. Early in our dating relationship, I began refering to Cami with a nickname that communicated that I though she was unique--an anomally. So, Happy Birthday Mally! I am privileged to have every minute I get to share your life and have you be such an intimate part of mine. As the proverb writer puts it (5:18-19 NLT), "Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth. Let her breasts satisfy you always. May you always be captivated by her love."


No comments: